Waupaca County Sheriff’s report Aug. 11
911 calls and traffic crashes
• Aug. 10 – Prescription medication stolen in 500 block of Division Street, New London.
• Aug. 9 – Theft in E8600 block of Court Street, New London.
• Aug. 9 – Vandalism in 300 block of South Pearl Street, New London.
• Aug. 9 – Gas drive-off in E6000 block of U.S. Highway 10-110, Weyauwega.
• Aug. 9 – Telephone stolen in N3700 block of Nessel Street, Caroline.
• Aug. 9 – Threats received in N400 block of County Trunk W, Fremont.
• Aug. 9 – Threat received in 700 block of Ware Street, Waupaca.
• Aug. 9 – Vandalism in 400 block of East Ellefson Street, Iola.
• Aug. 8 – Trespassing in E2200 block of Spencer Lake Road, Waupaca.
• Aug. 8 – Theft in E1300 block of Nottleson Road, Scandinavia.
• Aug. 8 – Debit card fraud reported on West Fulton Street, Waupaca.
• Aug. 8 – Burglary in 600 block of Oak Street, Waupaca.
• Aug. 7 – Mailbox damaged in E3100 block of County Trunk EE, Waupaca.
• Aug. 7 – Harassing text messages received in N2800 block of Landing Road, Weyauwega.
• Aug. 6 – Mailbox damaged in E6500 block of Hillside Road, Manawa.
• Aug. 6 – Credit card fraud reported in N6300 block of Diane Court, Manawa.
• Aug. 6 – Threat received in 400 block of South Main Street, Waupaca.
• Aug. 6 – Fraud reported in N2200 block of State Highway 22, Waupaca.
• Aug. 5 – Harassment in E2300 block of Parfreyville Road, Waupaca.
• Aug. 5 – Vandalism in E3500 block of County Trunk G, Iola.
• Aug. 5 – Harassing text messages received in 600 block of Wlm Street, Waupaca.
• Aug. 5 – Burglary in 1000 block of Mil Pond Circle, Weyauwega.
• Aug. 4 – Phone scam reported in N100 block of Arrowhead Road, Fremont.
• Aug. 4 – Threat received in N7000 block of Knutson Lake Road, Ogdensburg.
• Aug. 4 – Mailbox vandalized in E11000 block of Nature Road, Clintonville.
• Aug. 4 – Fraud reported in E2200 block of King Road, Waupaca.
• Aug. 4 – Two trail cameras stolen in 100 block of Wolf River Drive, Fremont.
• Aug. 4 – Shoplifting in 2000 block of Farm Drive, Waupaca.
• Aug. 8 – Two people were injured in a motorcycle accident at about 5 p.m. in the town of Waupaca.
Michael Herchmer, 63, of Grand Chute, was driving westbound on U.S. Highway 10 when his motorcycle traveled onto the rumble strip and then into the grass median.
The vehicle traveled into the median, overturned and came to rest in the median.
Herchmer and his passenger, Julie Herchmer, 58, of Grand Chute, were taken to the hospital with injuries. Both ejected from the motorcycle and both were wearing helmets.
• Aug. 5 – One person was injured in a one-vehicle accident at about 5:30 p.m. in the town of Matteson.
Coleman Stevens, 22, of Oneida, was driving westbound on State Highway 156 about 100 feet east of the Wolf River Bridge and about half-mile east of Old County Trunk CC when the vehicle hit the westbound shoulder.
The driver lost control and the vehicle crossed the centerline. It continued through the eastbound lane and into the shoulder. The vehicle then began to flip over in the ditch on the south side of the highway and came to rest in the ditch.
Coleman was transported to the hospital with possible injuries.
• Aug. 3 – A woman was injured in a car-deer incident at about 11 p.m. in the town of Farmington.
Kathleen Bay, 64, of Wausau, was driving westbound on U.S. Highway 10 when she swerved to miss a deer. The driver overcorrected and the vehicle entered the north shoulder where it overturned onto its roof.
Bay was transported to the hospital for incapacitating injuries.
• July 29 – Three people were injured in a one-vehicle accident at about 8 p.m. in the town of Waupaca.
Beonica Smith, 26, of Milwaukee, was driving westbound on U.S. Highway 10 and negotiating a turn near Vaughan Road when the driver’s side back tire fell off the vehicle.
The vehicle started sliding and spinning and then crossed over the westbound lanes and entered the median grass overturning.
According to the police report, the operator and the passengers stated the car had been shaking more and more prior to the incident.
Smith and two passengers, Sadrian Webb, 24, of Milwaukee, and Lindsey Hansen, 24, of Cedarburg, were transported to the hospital for possible injuries.
According to the police report, drugs were present at the scene and Smith was cited for operating without a license and failure to maintain control.
The police report indicated that one of the passengers was arrested for a warrant and probation hold.