Waupaca County Sheriff’s report Dec. 15
911 calls to the Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office
• Dec. 13 – Vehicle theft in N1200 block of East Road, Waupaca.
• Dec. 13 – Theft in N1200 block of East Road, Waupaca.
• Dec. 13 – Mailbox damaged in N3200 block of Ebert Street, New London.
• Dec. 12 – Vehicle theft in 700 block of NE Third Street, Marion.
• Dec. 12 – Threats in 200 block of North Main Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 12 – Theft in 1200 block of Crystal Court, Waupaca.
• Dec. 12 – Criminal damage in 200 block of High Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 11 – Theft in E9300 block of State Highway 96, Fremont.
• Dec. 11 – Burglary in N5800 block of U.S. Highway 45, New London.
• Dec. 11 – Property damage in E4200 block of County Trunk EE, Weyauwega.
• Dec. 11 – Theft in 900 block of Eighth Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 10 – Two hunting blinds stolen in E6300 block of Miller Road, Marion.
• Dec. 10 – Theft in 1400 block of Robin Street, New London.
• Dec. 10 – Criminal damage in 300 block of Center Street, Waupaca.
• Dec. 9 – Vandalism in E2200 block of Spencer Lake Road, Waupaca.
• Dec. 9 – Theft in E8500 block of Court Street, New London.
• Dec. 8 – Fraud reported in N1200 block of Pines Road, Fremont.
• Dec. 8 – Fraud reported in N10000 block of Lakeshore Road, Clintonville.
• Dec. 8 – Fraud reported in E7400 block of Erinwood Road, Fremont.
• Dec. 13 – A woman was injured in a one-vehicle accident at about 7 a.m. in the town of Union.
Jocelyn Decorah, 25, of Waupaca, was driving southbound on Quarterline Road and lost control as she attempted to enter a private driveway. Her vehicle entered a field and struck a tree.
Both the driver and her passenger told police that a truck had been following them and had attempted to cut them off three times while they were on the roadway.
Decorah was transported to the hospital for injuries. Two passengers in her vehicle, Antoine Klepps, 24, of Waupaca, and an infant, were also transported but had no apparent injuries.
• Dec. 12 – Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 10:30 p.m. in the town of Farmington.
Rhegan Eggebrecht, 36, of Merrill, was driving westbound in the second lane on U.S. Highway 10 when she swerved to avoid hitting a car driven by Judith Ann Hollnbacher, 71, of Waupaca.
Hollnbacher was southbound on Anderson Road and was attempting to crossover the westbound lanes of U.S. 10 to travel eastbound. Eggebrecht attempted an evasive maneuver by swerving into the first lane, but her vehicle was struck on its passenger side by the front driver side of the second vehicle.
The Eggebrecht vehicle continued to travel westbound and came to rest in the median. The Hollnbacher vehicle came to rest in the U.S. 10 crossover facing northwest.
Eggebrecht and her passenger, Faye Mittelsteadt, 69, of Merrill, were transported to the hospital with possible injuries.
• Dec. 11 – A woman was injured in a one-vehicle accident at about 10 p.m. in the town of Caledonia.
Danielle Popke, 22, of Greenville, was traveling southbound on County Trunk HH when she lost control of her vehicle. As the vehicle entered the west ditch, Popke overcorrected and the vehicle crossed over to the east ditch where it went airborne and struck a tree.
Popke was taken by ambulance to ThedaClark Medical Center, in Neenah.
According to the police report, she was arrested for operating while intoxicated (OWI) and a citation was issued.
• Dec. 8 – A man was injured in a one-vehicle accident at about 4 p.m. in the town of Mukwa.
Gene Johnson, 73, of Manawa, was driving westbound on County Trunk X and lost control of his vehicle while attempting to make a right turn onto Broadway Street.
The vehicle struck a guard rail and a stop sign, then continued into the west ditch of Broadway Street where it came to rest in a yard in the N4500 block.
According to the police report, Johnson was arrested and cited for OWI.
• Dec. 7 – Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 7 a.m. in the town of Mukwa.
Hunter Prahl, 22, of Weyauwega, had left the stop sign on Church Street and was attempting to cross over State Highway 54 when he pulled in front of another vehicle.
The driver of the second vehicle, Brian Schoenrock, 23, of New London, was unsuccessful in his attempt to avoid hitting the Prahl vehicle. The Schoenrock vehicle spun and hit a third vehicle, driven by Dennis Dickhut, 62, of Iola, which was stopped at the stop sign of Tank Road and State 54.
The Prahl vehicle went into the northwest ditch of the intersection and came to rest against a utility pole.
Prahl and Schoenrock were transported to the hospital for non-incapacitating injuries.
• Dec. 3 – A woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 4 p.m. in the town of Mukwa.
Richard Roth, 77, of New London, was driving southbound on Otto Road and stopped at a stop sign to turn left onto State Highway 54. When Roth pulled out from the stop sign, his vehicle entered the path of a vehicle driven by Sabrina Sherer, 21, of New London.
Sherer swerved to avoid a collision and her vehicle entered the north ditch and struck a stop sign post. She was transported to the hospital with injuries.
According to the police report, Roth was cited for failure to yield right-of-way from a stop sign.
So many accidents. Great job done by all