Home » News » Around Waupaca County » Fire call to FVTC

Fire call to FVTC

Problem with a transformer

By Bert Lehman

The Clintonville Fire Department was called to the Fox Valley Technical College-Clintonville campus on Monday, March 7 around 11 p.m.

Chris Jossart, Media Relations manager for FVTC, said a cleaning service that works in the buildings at nights smelled a burning rubber smell, prompting them to call 911.

“Apparently the source of the smell was from a transformer located across the street from the property,” Jossart said.

He added that the situation was being addressed on Tuesday, March 8, but because the power to the facility had to be turned off, Tuesday classes were canceled.

Jossart informed the Tribune-Gazette around 3 p.m. Tuesday, that all classes would resume on Wednesday.

He said the cleaning service did the right thing by calling 911.

Clintonville Fire Department Fire Chief Shane Krueger confirmed that power to the facility was shut off until the situation could be reviewed.

He also said an electrical transformer was smoking outside the building when the fire department arrived.

“It was an electrical malfunction which we determined caused some of the electrical smoke to enter the building,” Krueger said.

There were no injuries.

Scroll to Top