Fire displaces Clintonville family
Addition to home significantly damaged
By Bert Lehman
The Clintonville Fire Department responded to a fire on Walnut Street in Clintonville shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 12.
Shane Krueger, fire chief for the Clintonville Fire Department, told the Clintonville Tribune-Gazette that the structural fire originated near a fireplace in the rear addition of the house. He said the addition to the house received significant damage.
“We were able to contain the fire to the addition on the backside of the house,” Krueger said.
He added, “We were able to do an initial attack and contain it to that room. There were some challenges that required some external siding to be removed to get behind the fireplace and the ceiling in that room to be removed to make sure there was no additional fire spread.”
He said there were no injuries reported by any of the residents of the house or any of the responders to the scene. He added that the house is currently uninhabitable.
The responders were on the scene until around 8 p.m., Krueger said.
“We did quite a bit of assisting the family with removing materials and taking their furniture out and putting it back in,” Krueger said. “It wasn’t like we were there for six hours fighting a fire. We just did a lot of assistance in helping the family and that took a lot of time.”
In addition to the Clintonville Fire Department, Krueger said the Clintonville Police Department, Clintonville Ambulance, Marion Fire Department and Embarrass Fire Department assisted at the scene.