Local groups get grants
The Clintonville Area Foundation distributed grants to area organizations at The Living Room Coffee Shop on Feb. 24.
The following organizations received grants:
• Tim Ewing, Navarino Nature Center – $2,000 to purchase new trail grooming equipment for winter sports, including snowshoeing and cross country skiing, and to purchase new snowshoes and ski boots in select sizes.
• Lynn April, CESA 8 – $2,800 to sponsor two Clintonville area teachers in the newly developed CESA 8 Career Academy Teacher Externship program.
• Andrew Werth, Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $1,000 to purchase new portable battery powered suction units that maintain open airways in pediatric patients.
• Rebecca Schoenicke, Clintonville Public School District – $1,000 to provide funding to purchase and supplement the high need items that are not being met by donations from the community to the High School Clothes Closet.
• Jodie Veleke, Clintonville Public School District – $1,899 to fund the cost of the initial set-up and training for the new Graduation Requirement module.
• Girls Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes, Inc. – $2,000 to support a membership engagement initiative in the Clintonville area. Will provide a new volunteer system, a redesigned website platform and a focused service-driven staffing model to recruit, retain and recognize volunteer troop leaders.