Waupaca County sheriff’s report April 23
• April 23 – Caller from the 200 block of North Division Street, Waupaca, requested an officer help with a water valve that was spraying water all over her bathroom.
• April 22 – An ambulance was sent to the Kwik Trip on West Fulton Street, Waupaca, after two men became involved in a fight and one of them was left lying on the ground.
• April 22 – Caller from E6300 block of County Trunk BB, Manawa, reported finding her aunt inside her parents’ home while they were away on vacation. She said she thinks some money may be missing.
• April 22 – A Waupaca cellphone caller reported that a man was yelling and swearing at his children. When she spoke to the man and his wife about how they were treating their children, they told her to mind her own business.
• April 22 – Caller from the 1000 block of Churchill Street, Waupaca, reported that his ex-girlfriend was stalking him and he believed she took his current girlfriend’s cellphone.
• April 22 – Caller from the 1200 block of Berlin Street, Waupaca, reported that someone sawed the lock and broke into his storage unit.
• April 22 – Waupaca caller reported finding a man sleeping in the basement of his apartment building.
• April 22 – Caller from the E1100 block of River Bend Lane, Waupaca, reported that a gray Chevy drove down the road and hit several mail boxes before going into the ditch.
• April 22 – Caller from the 1400 block of Dexter Street, New London, reported that a man and woman were outside fighting. The man chased the woman back into the house and slammed the door. The man could be heard screaming at her and she could be heard crying.
• April 21 – Caller from the 200 block of East Parker Street, Weyauwega, reported that the tires were slashed on all four cars in the driveway. That same day dispatch received more than two dozen complaints of slashed tires from residents on Pine Street, West Sumner, Emerald, Birdsall, Mill and Harlon streets in Weyauwega. One caller reported seeing two young males in the area. They banged on his door, then took off – one on a three-wheeler, the other on foot.
• April 21 – Caller from the N2600 block of Deer haven Drive, Weyauwega, reported hearing a loud explosion just before the power went out in the area.
• April 21 – Caller from the E1000 block of State Highway 54, Waupaca, reported that her ex-boyfriend will not give her mail to her. She said she changed her address with the post office, but some of her mail is still going to her ex-boyfriend’s house.
• April 20 – Fleet Farm in Waupaca reported that they detained a man for shoplifting.
• April 20 – A young Manawa child called 911, started crying and said he would get into trouble for calling the police.
• April 20 – Caller from the E2100 block of Miracle Mountain Way, Waupaca, reported that a woman was lying on the ground with her pants down. She seemed confused and would not allow anyone to help her. She said she was going into town to get some vodka.
• April 20 – An Iola woman reported that she left her cell phone on top of her vehicle, then it fell somewhere while she was driving home.
• April 20 – Caller from the 200 block of North Main Street, Waupaca, reported that someone threw an egg at his vehicle, which had been parked right under a security camera.
• April 20 – Caller from E1700 block of Pine Ridge Lane, Waupaca, reported that a man she knows broke into her house and let her dogs out. When she went to his place of work, she found him wearing her clothes.
• April 20 – Kmart in Waupaca reported that a man and a woman were shoplifting.
• April 19 – Caller from the E9600 block of Kanaman Road, New London, reported that his neighbor came over and defecated on his driveway.
• April 19 – Caller from the E4000 block of Bags Hill Road, Waupaca, reported the theft of a garbage container.
• April 19 – Caller from the N9800 block of Buelow Road, Clintonville, reported he received a $10,000 check for the sale of some beams. The check then bounced.
• April 19 – Caller from the 500 block of Third Street, Weyauwega, reported that someone broke into his home and stole a TV and some other items.
• April 18 – Weyauwega caller reported that a 17-year-old boy threatened to kill his father.
A woman’s leg was crushed when a sports utility vehicle crashed into a snowmobile in the town of Caledonia.
At 8:45 a.m. Sunday, April 15, Luke D. Lybert, 26, Little Chute, was pulling out of a driveway when he hit a snowmobile traveling northbound on County Trunk HH.
The snowmobile operator, Kody C. Hawkins, 24, Fremont, was not injured, but a passenger, Danielle Rae Popke, 25, Fremont, was taken by ambulance to ThedaCare in New London then to ThedaCare in Neenah for serious injuries.
According to the accident report, the road was covered in snow and ice with blowing and drifting snow making visibility poor.