Part D enrollment starts Oct. 15
The annual enrollment period for Medicare Part D begins Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 7.
For the next two months, seniors can compare plans and choose the prescription coverage that meets their needs. They can stay on their current plan or look for better coverage.
For help on choosing a plan, seniors may call a Medigap Counselor at 800-242-1060.
For local assistance, they may meet with Peggy Strey, Waupaca County elder benefit specialist. She will set up appointments on specific dates at the senior nutrition sites throughout the county.
Those who are age 60 or older and who want to make an appointment with Strey must call the phone number for the senior site, listed below, where they plan to meet with her.
• Strey will be at the Waupaca Senior Nutrition Site, Trinity Lutheran Church, 206 E. Badger St., Wednesday, Oct. 16. To make an appointment, call 715-258-9598.
• Strey will be at the Clintonville Community Center, 30 S. Main St., Thursday, Oct. 17. Call 715-823-7667.
• Strey will be at the Marion Senior Nutrition Site, Lions Point, 325 W. Garfield, Tuesday, Oct. 22. Call 715-754-2482.
• Strey will be at the Manawa Senior Nutrition Center, Little Wolf Town Hall, E6325 County Road N, Wednesday, Oct. 23. Call 920-596-3320. Iola Living Oaks, 505 W. Iola St., Thursday, Oct. 24. Call 715-445-2548.
• Strey will visit the Weyauwega senior site at the American Legion Building, 303 N. Mill St., Tuesday, Oct. 29. Call 920-867-3213.
• She willl be at the New London Senior Center, 600 W. Washington St., Wednesday, Oct. 30. Call 920-982-8522.
Seniors should come to the appointment with a list of their current prescriptoin drug needs, including the name of the drug, the dosage amount and the frequency. They should also bring a copy of their red, white and blue Medicare card.
For more information, call Strey at 715-258-6278.