Thursday Night on Main
The Thursday Night on Main concerts in Iola begin July 17.
Sponsored by the Iola-Scandinavia Chamber of Commerce, the five-week concert series includes music, vendors, 50-50 raffles and door prize drawings.
The free concerts start at 6 p.m. until shortly after 8 p.m. on Main Street in the retail strip parking lot located across the street from the Crystal Café.
People are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or a blanket.
In case of rain, the concerts will be held at Iola Mills, located on the north end of Main Street.
The raffle tickets are $1 each or six for $5.
July 31 is Family Night, with a bicycle raffle ticket given to each child in attendance. There will be two winners chosen.
New this year is a Corks & Comedy wine tasting night on Aug. 21 at Iola Mills. Audience members must be 21 to attend. The 2014 Thursday Night on Main lineup includes:
• July 17: Punch N Pie, alternative, blues, groove funk.
• July 24: Stella Novas, café jazz.
• July 31: Family Night featuring Tom Pease and Bill Kehl.
• Aug. 7: Dekorra, bluegrass, country, swing and western music.
• Aug. 14: Rev. Raven & The Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys, blues.
• Aug. 21: Cork & Comedy Night at Iola Mills featuring wine tasting at 6 p.m. and Comedy City Performers at 7 p.m.