Home » Courts » Two charged with burglary

Two charged with burglary

One suspect found living in abandoned factory

Taylor J. Fox, 31, and Jeffrey A. Schiesel, 41, have been charged with burglary, possession of burglary tools, theft, criminal trespass and criminal damage to property as party to a crime.

Fox faces additional charges of misdemeanor bail jumping, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Fox remains in custody on a $2,000 cash bond, while Schiesel is being held on a $5,000 cash bond.

On July 11, the Big Squirt Laundromat on West Fulton Street in Waupaca reported that someone cut out the wall on the northeast side of the building and stole the change machine.

About $800 in coins were in the change machine.

Waupaca police later conducted a search warrant at Schiesel’s home on South Western Avenue, which is about one-half mile from the car wash.

After conducting the search, officers learned that Schiesel and Fox may be staying at the closed Churny Cheese plant on West Fulton Street.

According to the criminal complaint, Sgt. Mario Graceffa and Officer Brent Wittman went to the factory where they found Fox and the stolen coin machine.

In Fox’s room, they found an air mattress, two chairs, marijuana, work gloves, walkie talkies, tools, a $418 receipt from Alter Metal Recycling for 190 pounds of scrap copper and several boxes of detergent that were the same brand and size as ones sold at the laundromat.

In the room where Fox said Schiesel was staying, officers found another air mattress, a chair, flashlights, and cell phone. They also reported finding more tools and a sledgehammer.

Fox told the officers he and Schiesel were doing laundry when he left to eat at McDonald’s, the complaint says.

When he returned to the laundromat, Fox said he found Schiesel demolishing the wall.

Schiesel allegedly gave Fox about $150 worth of quarters, which Fox said he spent.

Schiesel has two prior felony cases against him.

At the time of the laundromat burglary, Schiesel was out on a $1,000 signature bond after being charged July 5 with bail jumping, concealing stolen property and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

On June 5, 2017, Schiesel was charged with burglary and released on a $1,000 cash bond.

On Dec. 8, 2017, Schiesel failed to appear for a plea and sentencing hearing and the judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He appeared in court three days later.

A new plea/sentencing hearing was subsequently scheduled for March 19, 2018. Schiesel failed to show and another warrant was issued.

The Waupaca County warrant was quashed when the court learned that Schiesel was serving 60 days in the Waushara County Jail for failure to pay child support.

A July 23 plea/sentencing hearing for the first burglary was cancelled after the new burglary charges were filed that same day.

Scroll to Top