Home damaged in New London fire
A kitchen fire damaged several areas of a house in New London on Thursday, March 21.
New London Fire Department responded to 1009 S. Mill St. at 9:48 p.m. for a report of a house fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire shortly afterward.
According to Fire Capt. Don Conat, a tenant told firefighters she was cooking food when the grease caught on fire.
She and her three children escaped the house without injuries.
The Red Cross found housing at a local hotel for the family of five.
Gold Cross Ambulance, Manawa Fire Department and New London First Responders assisted at the scene.