Waupaca County to hold clinics
Seniors eligible for covid vaccinations
Individuals aged 65 and older are now eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccinations.
Waupaca County Public Health plans to hold clinics to include the newly eligible Phase 1B groups soon.
Last week, a the county held a clinic for Phase 1A eligible individuals.
This group includes unaffiliated health care workers such as EMS, home health care workers, hospice personnel, dental providers, school nurses, fire, law enforcement and corrections personnel.
Local health care systems are working to provide access to vaccinations for all eligible groups.
Waupaca County Public Health will continue to support this effort with more clinics.
Who currently is eligible to receive a vaccination?
• Phase 1A – groups which include health care providers, long-term care staff and residents, law enforcement, fire and corrections personnel.
• Phase 1B – adults 65 and older.
• Additional 1B groups tentatively will be eligible March 1.
Where to find vaccination information
• Health care providers, pharmacies, local public health and others are establishing systems to distribute the vaccine.
• Individuals should visit the website of their health care provider.
• Many health care providers are contacting their eligible patients with instructions for appointments.
• Visit Waupaca County’s Health Services website for updates and links to local health care partner websites.
• Waupaca County will host vaccination clinics for eligible individuals soon. Eligible individuals can submit a request to a wait list for upcoming clinics. The wait list request form is located on the vaccination page on the county’s website.
Phase 1B includes a large segment of the population, and it will take time to vaccinate this group.
There are approximately 10,000 people age 65 years and older in Waupaca County and more than 700,00 statewide.
Wisconsin currently receives around 70,000 doses of vaccine per week.
Those who do not have access to the internet may call the county’s Public Health line at 715-258-6323. It may take some time for a response to those who call.
Click here for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine in Waupaca County.