Home » Courts » Overdose leads to felony charges

Overdose leads to felony charges


Waupaca County suspect charged with endangerment, delivery of fentanyl

By Robert Cloud

An Iola woman is in jail following a drug overdose in the Waupaca Foundry parking lot.

Jade Weber-Marshak, 25, is charged with delivery of fentanyl, first-degree reckless endangerment, possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.

On June 22, Waupaca Police Officer Dan Wasrud was dispatched to the foundry’s parking lot on Brunner Drive.

According to the criminal complaint, the officer found foundry medical staff trying to revive an unconscious man in a vehicle.

Wasrud reported that the man’s skin was bluish and he had difficulty breathing.

Sgt. Josh Krueger, who also responded to the scene, administered two doses of Narcan to the man, identified in the complaint as CF.

An ambulance arrived and transported CF to ThedaCare in Waupaca. He was later transported to the intensive care unit at a Fox Valley hospital.

When the paramedics removed CF from the vehicle, Wasrud reported seeing a plastic tube, commonly used to inhale narcotics, fall to the ground.

Inside the vehicle, Wasrud also found aluminum foil with burnt residue and a wallet containing a folded piece of foil with a white powder that later tested positive for fentanyl.

Facebook messages

Wasrud also reported finding drug-related Facebook messages between CF and Weber-Marshak on CF’s cellphone. The messages allegedly included three financial transactions on June 15 and June 20 that totaled $460.

In the texts, Weber-Marshak warned CF that what she was selling him could cause him to overdose, the complaint says.

Working with Waupaca County sheriff’s deputies and Iola police, Wasrud conducted a probationary search of Weber-Marshak’s apartment.

Wasrud reported finding fentanyl crushed into powder on a kitchen counter in the apartment, along with pieces of burnt aluminum foil.

Weber-Marshak has a 4-year-old daughter who lives in the apartment.

“Children tend to touch surfaces frequently and put their hands and fingers in their mouths after touching items,” the complaint says. “The openness to anyone within unit, especially children, could expose them to a lethal dose of fentanyl.”

Weber-Marshak is currently in custody on a $5,000 cash bond.

On Feb. 7. Waupaca County Judge Raymond Huber imposed and stayed an 18-month prison sentence and placed her on three years of probation after Weber-Marshak was convicted of possession of narcotics, possession of methamphetamine and child neglect.

Scroll to Top